Bhrigu Lake Trek
Bhrigu Lake is the high altitude glacial Lake at the height of 14,100 ft at Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. It is said that thousand year ago, Maharishi Bhrigu used to Meditate near this pristine lake & hence it is named after it. It keeps on changing its colour every time & sometime it found frozen. Trek starts from Gulaba which offers marvelous views of the Himalayan Ranges, passing through lush green open grasslands, forest cover with pine forest & apple orchards and the glorious views of mountains. Trek starts from Gulaba which offers marvellous views of the Himalayan Ranges, passing through lush green open grasslands, forest cover with pine forest & apple orchards and the glorious views of mountains. Rola Kholi is the Advance Base Camp of the trek situated at the base of the Bhrigu Lake. One get to admire the breathtaking view of the Deo Tibba & Hanuman Tibba . Night camping at Rola Kholi makes the best experience where the sky lights up with a million of stars. Bhrigu Lake is one of the best Manali Trekking destinations.
- Altitude: 10,300 ft
- Drive to Gulaba, 22 km, approx one and half hours
- Gulaba is on Manali Rothang pass road
- Trek to Gulaba Meadows, 3 km, approx 1.5 hr
- Meeting time at Manali at 12pm to reach
Gulaba camp site by 5:00 pm
the trek with a jeep ride from Rumsu for Gulaba. The jeep ride normally takes 3
your trek for Rohlikohli camp site and ascend till Rohlikohli which will take
around 5-6 hours.
are two streams on the way to the camp site (Chor Nallah and Kohli Nallah).
Kohli is a beautiful camp site and offers amazing views of Solang Valley.
stay in tents at Rohli Kohli Camp Site.
- Altitude: Bhrigu Lake at 14,000 ft
- 10 km trek, approx. 8 hours
- Start early in the morning
- Steep ascent till Brigu Lake for approx. 5 km
- Mixed rocky and snow trail
- Trek along with the bhrigu Lake stream
- Packed lunch on the way and Hot snakes at camp site
- Accommodation in tents
- Peaks:- Indrasen, Deo Tibba and Hanuman Tibba
- Drive back to manali