Manali - Leh Mountain bike / Cycling Expedition
MOUNTAIN BIKE / CYCLYNG TOUR
Begin your day with breakfast and a ride around one of the most classic cycle routes in the world. Start by climbing through flower-laden valleys, Cedar and Fir forests and cross numerous villages. Arrive at the village of Kothi and ride through hairpin curves to reach the Rohalla Falls. Post this, climb into a small valley at Marhi and camp there for the night.
Rise early and ascend some windy roads up to the mountains till you reach the peak of Rohtang La. Arrive at this bare pass, which is laden by snow for most parts of the year, by crossing the Pir Pinjal range and makes the prominent gateway to Ladakh. Climb downhill for 22 km till you reach Khoksar village and after a short detour, climb through meadows and little hamlets to arrive at Sissu.
Begin early from Sissu, nestled in the Lahaul Valley, and start cycling to Tandi, which is the meeting point of the rivers Chandrabhaga and Chenab and is thus known as the Chamba Valley. Leave Tandi and ascend to Keylong and after crossing a few uphill terrains, descend to Jispa about 37 km from Keylong.
This is a day dedicated to acclimatizing to the climate and altitude of the higher Himalayas while traversing through verdant pastures to arrive at Darcha. Here you can enjoy hot beverages at a local restaurant and then resume your uphill ride to Patseo. Then ride to Zing - Zing Bar. Overnight in Camp.
This day will comprise of cycling through Himalayan terrains to Sarchu, the border between Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh, start your long climb to the peak of Baralacha La Pass where you can take in the serenity of the mighty Himalayas. The routes from Zanskar, Ladakh, Spiti and Lahaul meet at this region thus giving it an appropriate name of Baralacha that means a pass with crossroads. This is also the viewpoint where you can marvel at the spectacle created by the snow-peaked mountains of Barashigri, Chandrabhaga and Mulkila. It is from here where you can descend to Brandy Nallah.
After breakfast, early morning start riding to Pang , today you will have completely climbed 500 meters to reach the Nakli La. Post this, make a short descend and ride uphill through winding routes to arrive at the Lachalung La. Pass through the Zanskar range and cut through marvelous rock formations on your route before entering Pang. Set Camp in Pang.
Begin your day with a short climb to the Mori Plains after which you land at Rupshu, also known as the high altitude desert of the Tibetan plateau. This area provides shelter to the Changpa tribes, Tibetan shepherds who dwell in tents made of Yak hair. After crossing this region, make way along a sandy track to Tso Kar Lake where you can set up camp for the night near Pongunagu. Translated as White Lake, there are white deposits of white salt around this water body of Tso Kar Lake which explains the reason behind its name. You can head towards the camp which is only a few kilometers from the lake. Here you can come across Kiang or wild arses, who roam around the surrounding hills, as well as birds.
Make an early start
and ride following the Kyamnar River all the way to Upshi. This is where you
can join the Indus Valley which takes you to Leh. You can take a diversion to
pay a visit to the Hemis monastery, which is one of the largest and richest of
all Ladakhi monasteries. To reach this place of worship, climb 7 km after which
you can visit ancient temples and priceless Buddha statues. Cycle down to the
main road by following the mighty Indus River till you cross Karu and reach
Tikse where a beautiful monastery of Shey palace awaits you at the hilltop. If
time allows you, make a quick ride up to the monastery containing a two-storey
statue of the Future Buddha. Surpass the Shey Palace and cycling through easy routes
to reach Choglamsar which plays shelter to several Tibetan refugees and head
onwards to Leh. Here you can check into a hotel for the night.
Begin with an early breakfast and leave from Leh with a packaged lunch. Ride around 6 hours to the peak of the pass where you can get mesmerized by the magnificent views of Leh. While the first half of the ride will be on tarmac, the last half will be on rough terrains. Get enchanted with the amazing sight of the Karakorums and Ladakh as well as Zanskar mountains. Make a quick stop here and cherish the views post which you can continue riding downhill to Leh where you can spend the night.
- Hotel accommodation in Manali and Leh on twin sharing basis. Check in/ out time is 12 noon
- Accommodation Manali onward till Leh arrival in Moving camp (trekking style tents)
- Service of attendant and a cook during camping
- All meals, soft drinks while on tour
- Tour Escort throughout the tour as per the itinerary
- Utility cum Support Vehicle for the following itinerary
- First Aid Kit and basic medical and high altitude kit.
- A couple of oxygen cylinders would also be carried for any emergencies
- Entrances to place of visit & Inner line permit (camera fee not included)
- Transfer from Manali bus station to Hotel and Leh hotel to Leh airport by cars
- One surprise gift for each rider
- All present applicable taxes
- Any air fare/ train fare and bus fare,
- Mountain bikes & supporting gears,
- Any other meal than mentioned in itinerary,
- Any personal or travel Insurance, tips, gratuities, portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks Any other expenses of personal nature,
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Minimum 06 Pax require for each departure*
- 29999 Per person
- 39999 per person with rented bicycle and Delhi-Manali volvo tickets
- Above rates are for a group of more than 06 persons.
- All the programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, strikes and special reason.
- Above Rates Are Subject To Availability and can be changed without any prior notice, all rates can be rise due to some special reasons like road block, flood, strikes etc.
- For Postpone/Prepone of tour packages, the same is to be communicated in written and need to be informed to us at least 7 days prior of tour date. INR 1000/- will be charged extra for prepone/postpone.
- A Valid Photo Identity Is Must To Be Carried
What to bring-:
- Good Jacket, good shoes, torch light, small knife, rain coat & personal gear